Meet Our Partners
Amanda Waters, CPA
Years of Experience – 19
School – Georgia State University
Degree – BBA, Accounting & Finance & Master’s Financial Accounting & Reporting
• Smith & Howard – Senior Auditor
• Carnival Corporation – Senior Accountant
• Rocksolid Granit USA, Inc. – Controller
• Britto Central, Inc. – Controller
• Goldstein Schechter Koch Accountants & Consultants – Partner
• ALW Accounting & Consulting – Principal Owner
Industry Focus – Nonprofit, Small Business, Professional Services, Technology, Construction
Why I love being an accountant – I love being an accountant because I enjoy using my problem-solving skills to work through barriers to help my clients meet and exceed their goals.
What I do for fun – I love being outside! I am huge beach bum and also enjoy hiking and snowboarding.
Fun Facts – I used to work in a haunted house as a zombie. And also, chocolate makes me sneeze (but I eat it anyway).
Family – I was born and raised in Georgia, and I met my husband Bernie in Miami. We have been married for 4 years and have a one-year-old daughter named Sunny.
Roxanne Ortiz, CPA
Years of Experience – 26
School – Florida International University
Degree – Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting & Master’s Degree, Accounting
• Goldstein Schechter Koch Accountants & Consultants – Audit Manager
• Miami Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired – CFO & Chief of Staff
• Easter Seals South Florida – CFO
• Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science – CFO
• Ortiz Financial Solutions, LLC – Principal Owner
Industry Focus – Nonprofit, Health Care, Small Business
Why I love being an accountant – I love being an accountant because it combines my love of numbers with my passion for helping others. I enjoy working with nonprofits, meeting their amazing staff, and getting to be a small part of a larger mission and purpose.
What I do for fun – I enjoy shopping, trying new restaurants, and traveling. I also try to spend as much quality time as I can with my friends and family.
Fun Facts – I am obsessed with tennis and always name my car after a tennis player. Right now, I am driving a Volvo named Venus (after Venus Williams) and my last car was named Roger (everyone knows Roger Federer is the GOAT).
Family – I was born in New Jersey to Cuban immigrants. I was raised in Miami and met my husband Nate in college. We have been married for 23 years and have two daughters, Gianna and Maya.