Recordkeeping DOs and DON’Ts for business meal and vehicle expensesJune 17, 2021
If you’re claiming deductions for business meals or auto expenses, expect the IRS to closely review them. In some cases, taxpayers have incomplete documentation or try to create records months (or years) later. In doing so, they fail to meet the strict substantiation requirements set forth under tax law. Tax auditors are adept at rooting […]
5 trends to watch during the pandemic recoveryJune 17, 2021
By Ken Tysiac – Journal of Accountancy The economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic will be different from the recoveries that followed past recessions, Marci Rossell told AICPA governing Council members. Economic downturns typically originate in a sector such as housing, finance, or manufacturing and ripple through the economy from there, said Rossell, an economic forecaster […]
Is a merger in your nonprofit’s post-pandemic plans?June 17, 2021
As the COVID-19 pandemic finally seems to be fading in the United States, your not-for-profit organization may be making plans for its post-pandemic future. Is a merger with another nonprofit part of these plans? A merger can provide your organization with greater stability and resilience so that you can survive any new challenges that comes […]
The Underline: Miami’s 10-mile linear park and urban trailMay 21, 2021
Seven years ago, Friends of The Underline (FUL) began as Meg Daly’s vision to transform the neglected land beneath the Miami Metrorail into a 10-mile linear park that connects the community from Miami River to Dadeland South. This year, after raising more than $110 million toward construction, The Underline opened its first phase located on […]
Help ensure the IRS doesn’t reclassify independent contractors as employeesMay 20, 2021
Many businesses use independent contractors to help keep their costs down. If you’re among them, make sure that these workers are properly classified for federal tax purposes. If the IRS reclassifies them as employees, it can be a costly error. It can be complex to determine whether a worker is an independent contractor or an […]
- Recordkeeping DOs and DON’Ts for business meal and vehicle expenses
- 5 trends to watch during the pandemic recovery
- Is a merger in your nonprofit’s post-pandemic plans?
- The Underline: Miami’s 10-mile linear park and urban trail
- Help ensure the IRS doesn’t reclassify independent contractors as employees
- Why don’t your nonprofit’s interim and year-end financial statements match?
- 7 Unique Ways to Get More Done in Less Time
- Know the ins and outs of “reasonable compensation” for a corporate business owner
- Protect your organization’s fragile tax-exempt status
- The Dynamic Duo of Amanda Waters & Roxanne Ortiz have Joined Forces!