Client Corner – Florida Health Justice ProjectJuly 29, 2021
Our featured client, Florida Heath Justice Project, engages in comprehensive advocacy to expand healthcare access and promote health equity for vulnerable Floridians. They actively share the stories of Floridians impacted by issues such as dealing with Medicaid, lack of long-term care resources, barriers to care for children, immigrants, the elderly, and the risk of cutbacks […]
Is your nonprofit ready to hire, or is outsourcing a better solution?July 7, 2021
Many Americans remain unemployed due to the COVID-19 pandemic — at least 9.8 million at the end of April, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. But that’s expected to change quickly as employers ramp up hiring activities. If your not-for-profit will soon need new staffers, you might want to start putting out feelers now. Obviously, […]
Recordkeeping DOs and DON’Ts for business meal and vehicle expensesJune 17, 2021
If you’re claiming deductions for business meals or auto expenses, expect the IRS to closely review them. In some cases, taxpayers have incomplete documentation or try to create records months (or years) later. In doing so, they fail to meet the strict substantiation requirements set forth under tax law. Tax auditors are adept at rooting […]
5 trends to watch during the pandemic recoveryJune 17, 2021
By Ken Tysiac – Journal of Accountancy The economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic will be different from the recoveries that followed past recessions, Marci Rossell told AICPA governing Council members. Economic downturns typically originate in a sector such as housing, finance, or manufacturing and ripple through the economy from there, said Rossell, an economic forecaster […]
Is a merger in your nonprofit’s post-pandemic plans?June 17, 2021
As the COVID-19 pandemic finally seems to be fading in the United States, your not-for-profit organization may be making plans for its post-pandemic future. Is a merger with another nonprofit part of these plans? A merger can provide your organization with greater stability and resilience so that you can survive any new challenges that comes […]
- 5 ways nonprofits can prepare for an audit
- 10 financial statement areas to watch for COVID-related effects
- Flash reports: Real-time financial reporting
- Keep nonprofit board meetings short and sweet
- Financial statements: Take the time to read the entire story
- Put some muscle behind your nonprofit’s capacity-building effort
- Private companies: Are you on track to meet the 2022 deadline for the updated lease standard?
- Reaping the benefits of cause marketing
- Have you followed up on the management letter from your audit team?
- What method of accounting is right for your business?