Protect your organization’s fragile tax-exempt statusApril 21, 2021
Not-for-profit organizations are different from for-profit businesses in many vital ways. One of the most crucial differences is that under Section 501(c)(3), Sec. 501(c)(7) and other provisions, nonprofits are tax-exempt. But your tax-exempt status is fragile. If you don’t follow the rules laid out in IRS Publication 557, Tax-Exempt Status for Your Organization, the IRS […]
The Dynamic Duo of Amanda Waters & Roxanne Ortiz have Joined Forces!March 10, 2021
We are so excited to announce the merger between ALW Accounting & Consulting and Ortiz Financial Solutions to form Waters Ortiz Accounting! The new firm will specialize in providing accounting expertise for small businesses and non-profit organizations. We have a passion for helping non-profit organizations and small businesses achieve financial excellence. We offer customized accounting […]
- Put some muscle behind your nonprofit’s capacity-building effort
- Private companies: Are you on track to meet the 2022 deadline for the updated lease standard?
- Reaping the benefits of cause marketing
- Have you followed up on the management letter from your audit team?
- What method of accounting is right for your business?
- Client Corner – Florida Health Justice Project
- Is your nonprofit ready to hire, or is outsourcing a better solution?
- Recordkeeping DOs and DON’Ts for business meal and vehicle expenses
- 5 trends to watch during the pandemic recovery
- Is a merger in your nonprofit’s post-pandemic plans?